Thursday, May 8, 2008

Playing Actor

Tabard Theatre Company's "Pandemonium" by Susannah Greenwood, is in the final stretch! Friday & Saturday will be closing weekend and I can't help but label the feeling as bitter sweet (cliché, I know!). I'm satisfied with how the show turned out, I'm happy with the character I've created and most importantly, I'm grateful for all the new friends I made. I especially enjoyed watching my cast mates imbue their characters with life--man...what talent!

*Tasi Alabastro as El Chulla Chaqui

*Calm before the storm

So what's next? Well, Brent (one of my cast mates in Pandemonium) and I attended an audition for some classical plays which will be produced by Deep Impact Theatre and we've just been offered roles. I'm still uncertain if I will be able to lock any of them down as I may have a developing conflict of schedule which requires me to be out of state during the show dates! In case you're curious, I may be flying out to Nashville in late August. I won't go into detail as to why I'll be flying out, but I am looking forward to it.

Other than that I'm planning on just putting in more hours at The Rep. Speaking of which, if you're in the area, be sure to catch our upcoming show, A Strange Case of Jekyll and Hyde. It will be amazing! The cast is fantastic, the story is griping and the artistic direction will be unique and mind-blowing! Trust me. Here's a link to the current write up in the local newspaper:

San Jose Mercury News - Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde




This play / production is going to be HOT HOT HOT!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Deep Impact Theatre? When are you coming to audition for the real Impact Theatre? ;-) www.impacttheatre.com

Tasi Alabastro said...

Haha--oh boy, I'd love to! Except I'm without a car so transportation is a killer! At any rate, would you happen to be Melissa Hillman? Just curious. Also, I'm curious, how'd you find me? Was it from Jim Carpenter's page? HEE HEE.

At any rate, I'd love to audition for Impact Theatre some time down the road! Until then, I'm stuck in the South Bay.

Liberty said...

I'm so glad you had fun with Pandemonium! I wish I could've been able to see it!

Liberty said...

Oh, and can't wait to hear what's in store for you in Nashville!