Friday, September 26, 2008

Two to Tango

I recently came across a quote that resonated deep within my current self. A friend told me that we reform our opinions about relationships every seven years. Whether or not there's an actual statistic on this, I'm not sure. But after some thought, I tend to agree. At any rate, here's the quote I saw.

I no longer think being in love is the polar opposite of being alone, however. I say that because I used to want to be in love again as I assumed this was the opposite of loneliness. I think being in love is an opposite of loneliness, but not the opposite. There are other things I now crave when I am lonely, like community, like friendship, like family. I think our society puts too much pressure on romantic love, and that is why so many romances fail. Romance can’t possibly carry all that we want it to." - Donald Miller
What do YOU think?

And while you're thinking about it, watch this beautiful time-lapse of San Francisco taken from Twin Peaks.


Twin Peaks San Francisco Sunrise from Chad Richard on Vimeo.

No comments: